there was a time
when I believed that poems came out
complete like a baby with pony-tail
train-set Visa card hockey stick
and jangling a big bunch of keys;
that you did not tinker for fear
of losing the original tomb-stone words
indeed that tinkering was a cheat
and a fraud if – the poem did not howl
down the grooves of time and the universe
forged to symmetry on an unspecified
somebody’s anvil then it should never
see the light of day but now
(as who pays 10K at Christies – bargain –
for my pile of notebooks will discover)
I bull-doze the landscape of my poems
crazy as any bloated developer or Canadian Army
ganging up on Mohawk Indians to convert
their Sacred Lands into a golf course
Want to write? Stuck in a groove, suffering from what they like to call ‘Writer’s Block’?
Learn how to bull-doze the landscape of your poems, how to tinker with your first thoughts… And before that how to generate ideas.
I use a number of easily learned techniques to help people generate and work on ideas for poems and pieces of creative writing.
Find out where the best place is for you to start writing…
Find the parts of your self that will most easily generate ideas for writing…
Use all parts of your being to work at ideas… There may even be time to do water colours and compose music for inspiration.
Individual and group workshops…
- Course Organisation: Two Days
- Venue: Large house in pleasant rural surroundings near The Wash in Lincolnshire or in clients’ house etc
- Investment: My expenses only: printing and, if appropriate, travel & accommodation
- Tackle: Course Material
- Catering: Lunches & refreshments provided when run at home
- And then what?: Come back for more! Mentoring by post…
- Further details through WordPress